Benefits of Membership
SLMBC offers corporate, government, and institutional members a variety of workshops and services that help strengthen their ties with minority-owned businesses. Corporate partners receive extensive training on:
- Designing and implementing Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) programs.
- Planning for a mentorship program.
- Marketing procurement programs.
In addition to educational workshops, majority companies have access to:
- An online and printed directory of certified minority vendors listed by industry.
- Networking forums — such as the annual Business Opportunity Fair (BOF), general membership meetings, and annual sports events — that enable buyers to cultivate business relationships with MBEs.
- Opportunities for sharing best practices, trends, and innovative approaches that help increase the number of business partnerships with MBEs.
- Training to help develop and refine minority vendor programs.
- Consultative information, including helping member companies quantify — from a net-profit perspective — the value of their diversity procurement efforts.
- Mentoring opportunities that coach companies as they leverage their size, competencies, buying power, and financial resources, helping MBEs expand their capacity and capabilities.
- Tools and resources that support supplier-diversity program objectives.
- Buyer/supplier forums that match corporate buyers and MBEs from the same industries to explore business opportunities.