Who We Are
The St. Louis Minority Business Council is a business development organization that is focused on assisting ethnically owned minority businesses develop strategic relationships/partnerships with major sourcing organizations that result in mutually beneficial business relationships that result in measurable regional economic prosperity and equity.
What We Do
- We work closely with certified ethnically owned businesses (MBEs) and major sourcing organizations and facilitate connections to sourcing opportunities.
- We assist MBEs to build capacity and accelerate their business growth.
We provide leadership development and education opportunities to MBEs that help MBEs leaders add to their business leadership tool-kit skills and training that will help them become more effective business leaders.
- We are a consistent advocate for the business value and economic impact of utilization, growth and support for ethnically owned minority businesses. In addition, we identify and advocate for policies that can have the impact of helping minority businesses succeed, while also helping to tell the stories of MBE successes.
Why We Do What We Do
If the St. Louis region’s economy is experience growth and fully leverage our competitive advantages, ethnically owned minority businesses must become more intentionally integrated into the region’s economy. The SLMBC believes that a robust regional supplier diversity ecosystem, where purchasing from ethnically owned minority businesses is a normal way of doing business, where MBE growth and success are integral components of the region’s growth strategy, and the region’s economy is increasingly more equitable are necessary for long-term and sustainable regional prosperity.
What Are Our Results?
- Effective, long-term and short-term business relationships sustained between minority business enterprises and major buying organizations;
- Stronger minority business enterprises that have the capacity to grow;
- More member organizations committed to diversity and inclusion in procurement and employment; and
- Increased jobs, capital investment and employers in the St. Louis MSA.
|SLMBC By the Numbers – MBEs Contribute Millions in Economic Impact (2013 numbers)|
|Estimated Annual Sales||7565359501|
|Potential City Impact||Tax Rate||Est Tax Revenue|
|City Earnings Tax||0.01||75653595|
|Property Tax||$.03 per $100||2269608|
|Potential State Impact||Tax Rate||Est Tax Revenue|
|State Sales Tax||0.0949||717952617|
|Corp Income Tax||0.0625||472834969|
|State UnEmp Tax||0.0351||265544118|
|Vehicle Sales Tax||0.0422||319258171|
|Workers Comp Tax||0.0314||237552288|
|State Payroll Tax||0.005||37826797|